Triple Chocolate Nutella S’mores Torte
- Set of 12 ring molds (mine are about 7 cm high, 8 1/2 cm across each)
- Culinary torch
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 3 cups graham crackers crumbs finely ground
- 1 cup melted salted butter
- drizzle of honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- dash of Keith Lorren Dessert Spice
CHOCOLATE NUTELLA LAYER
- 1/2 cup of chopped, toasted mixed nuts (hazelnuts, pecans, cashews, peanuts)
- 1 (26oz jar nutella) heated in microwave until melted
MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 2 1/4 cups dark chocolate chocolate chips
- 3 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners'
- 1 1/2 package cream cheese, softened (12oz)
DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER
- 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
- pinch of salt
PREPARE THE CRUST
- Mix all crust ingredients in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of crust mixture to each ring mold, and press it firmly and evenly around the bottom of each mold.
- Torch each crust slightly for a few seconds each to slightly melt the crust and add another layer of campfire greatness.
PREPARE THE TORTE
- Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of mixed toasted nuts on top of each crust
- Pour 1/4 cup of melted nutella on top of the mixed nuts, make sure nutella is evenly spread
PREPARE THE MILK CHOCOLATE LAYER
- Microwave chocolate morsels on high for 90 seconds or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals; cool 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Beat confectioners' sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in melted morsels until blended.
- With clean mixing paddles, beat remaining whipping cream in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon chocolate filling layer evenly into all of the ring molds making sure to smooth evenly the top of each individual dessert for presentation. (You should have at least 1 cm of space remaining so that you can pour the ganache on top.)
PREPARE THE GANACHE LAYER
- Microwave chocolate ganache ingredients on high for 90 seconds or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals; until smooth.
- Cool for 1 minute.
- Pour ganache layer on top of the milk chocolate layer.
- Smooth with a spoon so that it is even and attractive.
- Refrigerate dessert overnight.
PREPARE THE MARSHMALLOW CREAM TOPPING (You can do this also the night before.)
- Combine the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and water in a saucepan and stir well.
- Cook over high heat, swirling the pan by its handle until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the syrup reaches the soft-ball stage and the temperature reads 240 degrees F on a candy thermometer. (If you don't have a thermometer, it should be ready after the 7 minutes. Mixture will roll around slightly almost like a soft gooey ball.)
- While the syrup boils, place the egg whites in a grease free mixing bowl with the cream of tarter, salt, vanilla and beat at medium speed until frothy.
- Increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the hot syrup into the whipped egg whites very slowly with the mixer on medium speed. Keep mixing until mixture holds its shape.
- Refrigerate until cold.
SERVING THE DESSERT
- With a blow torch, individually you will have to torch the outsides of the molds slightly , so that its easy to press down from the top while lifting each mold up. The torch will loosen the dessert from the mold. Do this for each individual dessert.
- Place each dessert on a plate and torch the outside of each dessert slightly so that it will have a nice shine (it melts the chocolate slightly so that it shines).
- Spoon a big dollop of the marshmallow cream on top of each dessert and also torch the cream for a few seconds so that it gets a quick golden brown color and gives it the camp fire s'mores look.
- Serve and be astonished!!