Keith’s Million Dollar Pound Cake
This decadent poundcake is rich, flavorful, moiste, light, and buttery. once you taste it, the flavors develop and the aroma passing over your palate is just excuisite! I call this my million dollar poundcake because no one will be able to explain the complexity of flavors. This cake tastes like a million dollars!
- Keith’s Million-Dollar Pound Cake
- 3 sticks) butter softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten until lemon-colored
- 3 cups cake flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp Coconut Extract
- ½ tsp Rum Extract
- 1 tsp Butternut Extract
- ½ tsp Lemon Extract
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- *****Six-Flavor Glaze (recipe follows)
- Six-Flavor Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or rum
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- ¼ tsp Coconut Extract
- ¼ tsp Rum Extract
- ¼ tsp Butter Extract
- ¼ tsp Lemon Extract
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- pinch of salt
- Cooking Directions:
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese,oil, and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until smooth. In small bowl, combine flour. pudding and baking soda, baking powder; mix well and set aside. Combine sour cream and extracts. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 10-inch/25-cm tube (angel food cake) pan. grease pan with crisco butter flavored shortening, and then flour it.
- preheat oven to 325 and place a pan of water at the bottom of the oven
- Bake at 325°F/165ºC for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until cake tests done.
- let cake rest for 5 minutes. place a plate on the top of the plan and flip over. allow cake to steam in the pan until it cools. this softens the edges and makes it more moist
- Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack, invert again. Place waxed paper under rack to catch glaze drippings. Slowly spoon glaze onto top of cake and let glaze drizzle down sides of cake. cake will be even better the next day.
- ***Six-Flavor Glaze
- Combine all ingredients mix well to create a medium bodied glaze. for a thicker glaze add an extra tablespoon of powdered sugar
any variation of glaze will work. you may omit flavor extracts and just use rum, lemon juice, or just vanilla